Health and Safety
1. According to New York State law, we cannot admit a child to the school who’s medical and immunization forms are not up to date and on file in our office.
2. To protect all children and staff, your child should be free of any signs of infection (conjunctivitis, vomiting, diarrhea, fever) for at least 24 hours before returning to school and have no medication.
3. If your child contracts lice, you must have a doctor’s or lice professional’s note that your child is nit free before returning to school. We do not have medical personnel on staff and cannot check for these.
4. Health forms, Personal Questionnaires, and Emergency Release forms must be on file in the office before September 1.
5. Children will not be administered any medication, prescription, remedy, or treatment, nor shall medical procedures be conducted except upon a physician's daily written order and a parent's note at the director's discretion.
6. Make sure you list allergies on your child's medical form and complete the proper paperwork if your child has a prescription for an EpiPen.
7. Please dress your child appropriately for the weather. We go outdoors whenever possible.
8. For all children, send in a Ziploc bag with a complete change of clothing, which will stay in their backpacks. All kinds of spills and accidents can happen during the day.
9. Label clearly anything your child wears or brings to school.
10. Children should wear only safe shoes or sneakers. Sandals, flip-flops, party shoes, and rain boots can be dangerous.
11. We discourage children from bringing toys or games to school except on Show and Tell Day. Our rooms are well equipped, and it is difficult for teachers to settle property disputes between children. We appreciate your cooperation.
12. Books are an exception. We like to share our favorites. Please be sure your child's name is written in any books they bring to school.
13. Once your child has been picked up, you are responsible for their safety.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
1. Please enter and exit our driveway slowly, always using extreme caution.
2. Please only drop off your child if a staff member is at the door to greet them.
3. If you are delayed or plan to pick up your child early, please inform the office or your child's teacher.
Remember: We cannot release your child to anyone without your written permission.
School Closure: The director will email or text about any school closings. We follow the Pleasantville School District for any weather-related closings.
Snacks and Birthdays
1. Each day, we supply nutritious snacks and water.
2. We are very conscientious regarding any food allergies.
3. If you wish to bring a special treat at any time, please plan with your classroom teacher.
Enrollment shall be open to any child without discrimination. It shall be available on a first-come, first-served basis, provided that the school can meet the child's needs and the enrollment has stayed within the limits set by the state regulating agency. When registration closes, your child will be on a waiting list. The director will notify parents if vacancies occur following the order of names on the list.
Upon enrollment, a $100 non-refundable fee, and a deposit equal to one month’s tuition will be charged for each student registering. This one-month deposit will be allocated as your June tuition payment and is non-refundable.
1. Tuition is due on the first class of every month. A 1.5% late charge may be applied to any account 30 days late.
2. Parents must pay for the whole month if a child attends any part of the month.
3. No reductions can be made for absence during the school year.
4. The school reserves the right to drop any enrollee for delinquency of payment of fees or inability of the child to adjust to the program. The director will make these decisions at their discretion.
5. When enrolling your child at Pleasant Hill, we commit to you and your child for the school year, and you to commit to Pleasant Hill.